Thursday, August 6, 2009

I know, I know

Well, so much for doing better about posting in 2009. Here is August already and I'm just now getting it updated. To keep this from being a long post, I'm going to only do a couple of months tonight. I'll do the next couple of months tomorrow. And the rest this weekend. January & February were not to bad, but March, May and June were busy months. I think it will be easier to get everything posted if I break it down. I hope you will bear with me over the next couple of days while I get everything caught up. I am going to try VERY HARD to update every week. Well, lets get started.

January - Well, we started out the new year by getting Adrienne's ears pierced on New Year's Day. That was an experience and half. We went to Wal-Mart, and she was all set to do it. I filled out all the paperwork and we were good to go and then she decided she didn't want to do it. We stood there debating it with her for 15 minutes. Finally, Jeff and I decided we would just leave. So we started heading for the front door and she asked where we were going and I told her home. She yelled, "No, I get my ears pierced first!" So we turned around and went back. I sat down and held her in my lap and Jeff kneeled down in front of her and held her hands. There were two ladies there, and they got one either side of her and did both ears at once. She screamed and cried and carried on. She was so loud, that other shoppers were turning to look at us like we were torturing her. We got her home and I got her to lay down and take a nap. When she woke up, she was better. Now she loves them and loves showing them off to everyone.

February - Well, February didn't start off all that great. My grandfather passed away on the 2nd. I'm going to miss him very much. We all are.
As you know, the Germains moved back to TN last August. We had not seen them since they moved. Well, Carrie and I started talking about mid January about meeting about half way (they live 7 hours from Roanoke). So we arranged to meet in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. We also kept it from the kids. It was a big surprise for all four of them. I told the girls we were going to pick up some cookies and it was kind of a long way to meet the lady. I didn't lie, we were going to pick up Girl Scout cookies from Carrie. Well, we got to the exit about 5 min ahead of Carrie. We went to the McDonald's and went inside. I saw Carrie pull into the parking lot and she parked so the kids wouldn't see my van. They walked in and when the kids saw each other, it was great. They were all so excited to see everyone. We ate and went to the hotel. They got to go swimming in the indoor pool at the hotel. They thought that was lots of fun.


On Saturday we took them to the Ripley's Aquarium. It was lots of fun. They had a great time. There was so much to see. I wish I could have spent more time looking at everything.

























Adrienne wasn't having such a good time. She went through most of the aquarium with her hands over her eyes, and peeking over them at everything. As soon as she realized we were watching her, she would cover her eyes again.















Afterwards, we walked around for a little while and we took the kids picture at a Gazebo on the way back to the van. It was a really pretty day.













We woke up Sunday to snow! Can you believe it. The kids loved the snow almost as much as the aquarium. We all loaded up and headed home.
We were all sad to have to say goodbye after such a short visit.







No comments: