Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Boy What A Year

I can't believe it's been 3 months since I posted. We had a great Halloween. Mom, Christie & I took Kelli, Adrienne, and Adrienne's friend McKenna to the pumpkin patch. Adrienne & Kelli wanted to ride the horses, so of course I let them. Adrienne loved it and she cried and threw a fit when we took her off. She wanted to keep riding. As you can see, she had no problem being up on that horse.

Well she and Kelli had a great time trick or treating. Kelli went as Jasmine again and Adrienne was Tinkerbell. She had fun waving her little wand at people and telling everyone we saw "Happy Hawoween!"

I ended up getting the crud a couple of days after my birthday and didn't really get over it until a few days after Christmas. Now Jeff has a cold and he hasn't been able to shake it for almost 2 weeks now. I can honestly say that I will be glad when it starts warming up again.

Kelli had a Christmas dance show on Dec. 20th. Well, on the 14th, she decided she wanted her hair cut. So instead of discussing it with me or daddy, she decides to do it herself. You can see in the Halloween picture how long it was. Here is the picture after we went to the hairdressers to repair the damage she did. Talk about going shorter. We had a nice long talk about next time she wants her hair shorter that she comes to one of us and we will be happy to take her and have someone who knows what they are doing cut it for her.

I have gotten into making these really cool headbands and have been selling them. They are so much fun to make. My friend Carrie got me hooked on doing them (yes Carrie, it's all your fault). It's great because I can start 4 or 5 of them and then while Kelli is at dance, I can weave them and finish them. I need to start on some Spring/Easter ones soon. Pretty neat huh?! The girls love them. Between the 3 girls, they probably have kept about 10 of them. They each have 1-2 favorites that they wear all the time.

Well, Christmas was a big hit. We added a new member to the family. Meet Whiskers! Adrienne thinks he's great! Morgan and Kelli are thrilled to have another hamster. Jeff won't admit it, but he even likes the little guy. I think it's because it's another male in the house to even the odds a little.

Well, it's New Year's Eve and Kelli and I had a lousy ending to the year. We dropped Adrienne off at mom's and were headed home to meet Jeff to go out to dinner. And we had a headon collision. Which actually sounds worse than it was. I was making a left turn and didn't see a car (yes it was my fault) and I hit a lady coming up the left turn lane. My van doesn't even look like it was hit except for the license plate being all bent up. Her Allero on the other hand doesn't look so hot. It deployed both of her airbags. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured. Her wrist was hurting, so she went to the hospital just as a precaution, but the officer on the scene said he didn't think it was anything too serious. But Jeff is pretty sure that it knocked the van out of alignment and since we just put new tires on the van less than 2 months ago, he doesn't want me driving except to work and back until we have it repaired. Good thing the adjuster will be calling Friday to set up a time to come look at it, because school and dance start back on Monday and I'm going to need the van for all of that. I'm just thankful that no one was seriously hurt.

I think I am going to go put the girls into bed and I am going to go say goodbye to 2008 and quietly welcome 2009 and hope it's is better than the way 2008 ended.

Happy New Year to all and I'll try to do better about posting in 2009.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Since you rarely update I hadn't checked this in a while. Anyway I think Adrienne looks pretty good on that pony, you should get her some riding lessons! I bet she'd love it :D
Sorry about your van, glad you're ok.
Hope all is well,
~Ashley