Sunday, September 14, 2008

I know I know. . .

I haven't posted in forever. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but I guess it has. Ok, what's been happening. . . For starters, the Germains have moved again. It's only been a year since they went to Richmond, and now they are in Mt. Juliet, TN. Drew changed jobs again, and they had to move to TN. I know they are happy about the move, they are from TN. It's been a couple of weeks since they moved. Needless to say, I guess we won't be visiting each other every month anymore. We've been talking about it and Carrie and I figured out we'll just get together 2-3 times a year and we'll make the best of it. Jeff has even said that he'll go with us. He's says there is more to do in TN than Richmond. I guess he's right.

We got some sad news about a friend of Kelli's. His name is Keegan Manning and on July 30, he was diagnosed with type 1 (Juvenile) Diabetes. He is only 6 (he'll be 7 this month). He's been having a rough time. I talked to his mom and she said he has good days and bad days. He was able to go back to school when it started. She talks to the school nurse 3-4 times a day. There is going to be a walk on Sept 28. Kelli and I (and now Christie) are going to walk with them. If anyone would like to donate to us, you can go to the website www.jdrf.org and click on donate to a walker. We are on the team Keegan's Kure. Christie said she had a hard time finding Kelli and I, but she typed in the last name Morris and found us right away. So far, Kelli and I have only had one person donate (thank you Anita!) but I only signed us up on Fri. and we've got 2 weeks until the walk, so I'm hoping we'll get some more donations before the walk. I think we'll have a lot of fun. I just hope the weather is nice. The walk is at the Transportation Museum so depending on what time we finish, I'll probably take Kelli to the Museum for a little while afterwards.

What else is going on. . . Jeff is in FL at the moment. His softball team won a tournament here that allowed them to go play at the Wide World of Sports in Walt Disney World. I talked to him yesterday and they're out of the tournament now. They won 4 games this year (last year when they went, they only won 3), so they are improving. :) His flight home isn't until tomorrow morning. It hasn't been too bad with him gone. The girls are ready for him to be home. I guess I wouldn't mind it either. :) Just kidding! I'll be glad when he's home too.

I guess that's about it for now. Not a whole lot going on, but it's been busy. I'm off to finish dinner so we can eat and get baths and get ready for school, work and daycare tomorrow. I'll try to post more often. I've been working on my scrapbooking (both paper and digital). I'll try to post a few of the layouts later in the week.

No comments: